Posts Tagged ‘Adenosine triphosphate’

I know you’ve been taught the importance of calcium for good bones but phosphorus is another of the 9 minerals that are used in your bones. 88% of the Phosphorus you have in your body is found in your bones. In addition to being an important part of your bone structure; the remaining 12% of the phosphorous in your body is used by your brain, heart, kidneys, nerves, and teeth.

Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the method used to deliver cellular energy. Phosphorous is a vital component in the structural framework of both RNA and DNA. Cell growth and repair uses phosphorous in the cell membrane. The calcium and sugar metabolisms are influenced by phosphorous and oxygen delivery and utilization is affected by the phosphorous attached to your hemoglobin. Phosphorous helps your body maintain the proper pH balance and helps with a number of enzymes and hormones.

Phosphorous is utilized by almost everything that lives so a balanced diet will generally provide all the dietary phosphorous you’ll need with some of the foods sources for phosphorous being: whole grains, seeds, nuts, fish, poultry, eggs and dairy products.

We usually excrete excess phosphorous when we urinate so an excess is uncommon. Phosphorous deficiencies aren’t common in properly nourished people but some of the signs of deficiency may be: obesity, weight loss, loss of appetite, nervousness, irregular breathing and fatigue.

Phosphorous, calcium and vitamin D interact with each other so improper levels of one will affect the levels of other two.

Disclosure of Material Connection
Presented by Natural Remedies Products Staff - Natural Remedies Products

Ask Dr. Wayne Garland a specialist in natural remedies and natural products.

Powered By WP Footer